- Yes, it was a lot of preparation.
- Yes, it was a lot of paperwork.
- Yes, it was a lot of (redundant) training.
- Yes, it a lot of risk assessment and liability mitigation.
- Yes, it was a lot of, what seems over-the-top restrictive, policy.
- Yes, it was fun for the boys.
- Yes, it was meaningful (to families of boys aged 6-10).
- Yes, it was personally rejuvenating and spirit lifting.
- Yes, it was...well, MAGICAL.
If I ever get too old and cranky to appreciate the magic of moments like these, please pull my BSA card and send my sorry behind home.
Lucky me, I was the Camp Director.
Congaree District, Indian Waters Council, Boy Scouts of America